...yes, it all went quiet. VERY QUIET! I had babbled on about God knows what. Ash suddenly leaned back in his chair and reached into his right side jean pocket. I thought that he was going for his wallet. Then he pulled out a dark blue ring box. I could feel my eyes filling up with tears as it became very obvious he was about to do. He opened the box and pushed it across the table in front of me. He then asked the question and by then I was too busy wiping the tears away and trying to speak. (I had actually lost the ability to speak...mark that on the calendar 16/6/07 Sheridan was speechless!)
Eventually, I snapped back to reality and realised that Ash was waiting for an answer. The ring was put on my finger and I sat there in shock. Looking back between Ash and the ring...just not knowing what to do or say...in shock about what had just happened. The ring is a beautiful, white gold diamond and I love it as much as I love the man who made the decision to give it to me as a symbol that he wanted to be with me. He is the man that I have waited for, the man that I want to be with forever. I cannot wait for the day when I walk down the aisle and am his bride.
No comments:
Post a Comment