Well, last week more than signified the drastic move from spinsterhood to that of a fiancee!Yep, not only do I have the ring, but also the key. But it was a hazardous trip to get to the home of my beloved. The week at work following the proposal was massive. Lots of female teachers squealing away and getting excited and gagging to hear the whole story of how Ash made the moment memorable. They, then made the week memorable by throwing a massive pink themed engagement party, where I had to wear a pink crown and wings and was surrounded by pink food. Trust me... there is more pink food in the world than you would think! Had a lovely day and felt like a superstar...there was only one thing missing and that was Ash sharing it with me. As lovely as everything was, it was quite surreal as he wasn't there to share it with. That's why when we have an official party...it will be so important that we plan it together...at least we will be able to be there together!
So, managed to get through the last week of school. even though it went by in a blur. Parent/Teacher interviews, my performance review and then packing up the house. All done in a happy haze. Many times, I almost had to pinch myself as I couldn't believe what had happened. Seeing as I was at my place and he at his, it seemed weird and unreal. The only evidence being the beautiful ring and the golden yellow tulips in a vase on my table.
BUT, moving day did arrive. Mum came and stayed with me so that she could help me pack up and the place was a mess. Incredibly, we had some kind of order happening when Ash arrived with the trailer and the Ute. Threw stuff in there and in my car and off we went. Only to repeat it again later. Our first night in our home, after hours of packing, lugging boxes around and me whining, was spent eating a roast dinner from a takeaway shop. (Whilst Ash dodged across a freeway, I had to hold the cat in her cat carrier as she had worked out an ingenious way to escape from it)
Now a week later, I just have to return to the old place and spruce it up before handing the keys over to the real estate agent. The days of living alone are but a distant memory, I am home. Home being with Ash, Oscar, Monty and Princess.
No comments:
Post a Comment