"It's your birthday" Or rather...it WAS my birthday! Ash took me to a beautiful restaurant in Geelong named 'Ushers.' There were waiters in red striped uniforms and Richard Clayderman music playing in the background. The food was delicious and the setting was divine. There was one thing though....I whispered to Ash part way through the meal..."Are we playing being grownups?!" I dont think I have ever been to a place as flash as this one. After eating too much we went home and flopped out on the couch, bloated and queasy from eating too much. I think we watched the footy as well. It was a lovely night though...will always remember 35 as when life changed. (
BACK TRACKING TO EASTER.
We went camping at Foster. Foster was the town chosen as we wanted to go to Wilsons Prom. Weeks went into the planning. The big day came and we packed the Ute and off we drove. Part way there, Ash put a mixed tape that he had made of songs into the deck. Beautiful. The song that stood out the most is, "And then I kissed her..." by the Beach Boys. Ahhh!
Arrived at the camp site and met the owners of the caravan park. A woman with a cigarette in her hand named Gwen and her simpleton husband named Phil. They parked us right next to their 'home' as obviously we looked untrustworthy!
We set up camp, pumped up the airbed. ( I surprised the both of us with my strength and endurance in pumping it up) and had dinner in the open, watching the sun go down over the hills. It was then, that we looked at eachother and agreed that it was great. Just what we had dreamed of
FAST FORWARD
Midnight...dioherra..running frantically to the toilet block and hoping nobody could hear the heinous activities which were taking place. After hours of torture, we went to the Doctors. Ash had a temperature, so dumped him in a holiday apartment complex and I went and ripped the tent up and threw all our crap in the Ute. I am still reeling from the horror that I drove the Ute. A little bit different to the 323!
Next day. Ash slightly better, but was sickened by the sight of a work colleague at Normans Point. Went to Squeaky Beach and was amazed that it does actually squeak! Especially when a million Japanese tourists are tramping over it. WHERE DID THEY COME FROM?
ANYWAY...this is just the start...just to get this up and going.
4 comments:
Cute pictures!
Would love you to teach me a thing or too and where do i get a rugged tradie like that! Attractive couple!!!!!
Thankyou for the comments, 'anonymous'. Reveal your identity!
Hey Sheri and Ash, great start to the blog!!! looks great!!!
Plus great pic of the two of you!!!!
Love Laura
Post a Comment